Ohio U PINK 2

OU soon turns PINK with Victoria's Secret Collegiate Collection

OU apparel will be available in the PINK Collegiate Collection as early as July.

Students can return to Ohio University in style with the new OU merchandise from the PINK Collegiate Collection from Victoria's Secret.

Plans are in place to have the collection available between July and the early fall, said alumna Victoria Simokov, a previous Ohio U Pink representative in an email. 

The Ohio U representatives are not aware of what merchandise will be available or at which locations but the products will be available for purchase, Simokov said.  

“There has always been tremendous demand for Ohio U to join the PCC as well, but there's a lot of hurdles,” she said. “VS PINK has to get the rights to use the copyrighted images/logos to display on the garments and accessories, which is an arduous and lengthy task.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="8e26f430-d7fe-11e4-8d32-af21804dcd10"}}

When planning for the collection, the place of purchase must also be taken into account.

Simokov said since current students are more likely to purchase the Ohio U merchandise, she heard there were some concerns with the accessibility to the apparel.

Ohio U is not yet listed as a part of PINK collection on the Victoria's Secret website. A specific release date has not yet been announced.

Currently, 38 other schools are part of the PINK Collegiate Collection.

Now, eleven new colleges, including Ohio U, are set to be added to the PINK collection this fall according to Monday’s announcement on the Victoria's Secret PINK instagram account.

“I am incredibly excited to be the first rep along with (another student representative) to be bringing in the collection to OU because we’ll be the first to represent it,” said Sarah Rachul, a senior studying strategic communication and a representative next year for Ohio U Pink.

Rachul said she did not take part in the decision making process to add Ohio U to the collection but is looking forward to the upcoming release in July.

“People at OU have been begging for one for a while now,” she added.

@liz_backo

eb823313@ohio.edu