Fight at Good Fellas, burglaries, assaults reported in Athens during holiday weekend

One Athens residency allegedly had thousands of dollars of video games stolen.

Independence Day in Athens included fireworks, as well as multiple reports filed with the Athens Police Department for assault, a fight outside of Good Fellas Pizza and multiple burglaries throughout the city, according to police reports.

Three individuals allegedly got into a fight on the night of July 3 at Good Fellas Pizza on Court Street. The fight resulted in a damaged window beside the entrance of Pawpurr’s Bar. The window was valued at $50.

According APD reports, a male Athens resident advised police his girlfriend punched him in the face multiple times on July 4. He later decided to press charges against the female.

Another assault occurred the same day, according to police reports. The victim was transported to OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital’s ER for treatment.

APD received two calls of reported burglaries in Athens during Independence Day weekend, as well.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="7aac861e-ede7-11e4-adda-b72fe4b0db78"}}

The first burglary took place on Lancaster Street in the early morning of July 5. A female told APD she woke up with a white male standing over her. When she screamed, the burglar fled the premises, according to police reports.

The white male was wearing black shorts, a black shirt, a dark hat and had dark hair. The case is closed, pending new information about the suspect, police reports stated.

The next day, a second burglary resulted in $2,830 of stolen video game property from an apartment on Carpenter Street.

According to police reports, the stolen items include a Xbox 360, a DVD case containing 50 DVDs and a Xbox 360 GA, a silver case holding 30 PS2 games, a one terabyte hard drive and two vintage Nintendo 64 consoles. There are no suspects for the burglary.

jf311013@ohio.edu

@Fair3Julia