Third Eye Blind

Prepare for a '90s throwback: Third Eye Blind is coming to Ohio University

Third Eye Blind will be the first act in the 2015-16 Performing Arts and Concert Series.

Bobcats will soon be living a “semi-charmed kind of life.”

Third Eye Blind will open the 2015-16 Performing Arts and Concert Series with a performance at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on Friday, August 28.

Tickets go on sale to the public July 17 at noon. The first 10 rows cost $55. The remainder are $35.

The popular late-1990s rock band from San Francisco is possibly best known for its earlier releases: “Semi-Charmed Life,” “Jumper,” “How’s It Going to Be” and “Never Let You Go” — all of which placed in the top 20 of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.

“(Third Eye Blind) has been on the top of our list the last couple years based on how strongly they consistently poll on our student concert surveys,” Andrew Holzaepfel, senior associate director of the Campus Involvement Center, said in an email.

As a way to build up the series’ “opening weekend efforts,” Holzaepfel said this concert is one of the first to be scheduled so early on in the semester since the switch from quarters.

He added that this is just the first in a number of concert announcements to come.

This academic year’s lineup already includes Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Comedians from The Daily Show, Rosanne Cash and John Leventhal, and An Evening with Ira Glass.

@buzzlightmeryl

mg986611@ohio.edu