Alexis Milesky of Ohio University falls to the ground attempting to block the ball being kicked by Allie Sieradzki of Cleveland State in their afternoon game Sunday August 30, 2015 in Athens. 

Soccer: Ohio falls to Cleveland State, remain scoreless in regular season

Ohio drops both matches during its two-match weekend, remains scoreless for third straight.

After the first half against Cleveland State, Ohio looked as if it were going to break its goalless streak. Instead, the streak was extended to three matches.

Ohio lost, 2-0, in its home opener at Chessa Field, but it was a loss that could have easily been a draw or win. 

"We started the (second) half off really well," coach Aaron Rodgers said. "We created some good chances."

The first chance Ohio (0-3-0) had at scoring was in the seventh minute when sophomore Allie Curry ran down the right side of the field before putting a crossing pass to Kelly Zebrowski. Zebrowski lost control of the ball and turned it over — ending the attack.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="6d29e39c-4f3f-11e5-88c8-97ae4da44efd"}}

Right at the beginning of the second half, the Bobcats still maintained momentum in front of a nearly packed Chessa Field.

In the 51st minute, left-winger Hannah Jaggers scored a goal on a cross from Manso, but the goal was nullified for an offside call. Five minutes later, Ohio again had a chance to go up one goal, but right-winger Carly Manso was called offside.

"We did a lot of attacking sequences last week," Rodgers said. "I think you can see it paid off, now we just have to put the ball in the net."

Just as Ohio looked as if it was going to score and break its dry spell in the 60th minute, Cleveland State's Vickie Havas put a shot past Ohio's Erin Beurket for the opening goal of the match.

Freshman Stephanie Rowland responded two minutes later with a shot on goal but missed wide left.

The match didn't improve for Ohio when Elise Sailors put another goal up for Cleveland State (3-0-1) after she got a volley from a deflected shot.

After Sunday's match, Ohio has been outscored by its opponents 7-0 through three regular season matches.

Ohio had several chances to score its first goal of the season during its two matches over the weekend, yet, the Ohio was left scoreless. Rodgers wasn't necessarily pleased with the result of the match.

"There were a lot of good things to take away from this match," he said.

@wynstonw_

ww773412@ohio.edu