Kellen Becoats

BedPost: Trying new things in the bedroom should be fun, experimental

Relationships can be complicated, but time in the bedroom doesn’t have to be.

KB:

No matter who you are or who your partner is, things can get stale after spending a while together.

The honeymoon phase was great and all but now it may feel like things are slowing down. It happens to the best of us and there are easy remedies to prevent things from becoming monotonous.

First, add the element of surprise. We’re all busy and have to plan around each other’s schedules but leaving your significant other a cute letter with directions to Strouds Run State Park or the pond in Emeriti Park will score you some serious romance points and may lead to some fun things that night. Note: Also a good way to end an argument.

Next, gift giving. Now before you go buy that awesome thing that you saw in the Victoria’s Secret commercial, make sure you have your measurements right and that your partner is cool with it. Otherwise, you’re looking at a pretty colossal failure. But if you get it right, you'll gain some major points.

Finally — run this by them first. Nothing is more awkward than asking to do something new and the silence that may soon follow. Feel it out before you ask for anything outrageous. Also, as a general rule of thumb, wait at least a couple months after you’ve started dating before asking at all.

If you do all this, I bet your partner will be more than willing to "explore" within your relationship. Just don't go all Fifty Shades of Grey on them immediately. As always, make sure your partner is OK with this and don't force it on them. Exploring can be a rough subject if one person doesn't think anything is wrong so respect your partner's feelings as well.

Kellen Becoats is a junior studying journalism and a copy editor for The Post. Where do you think is a good romantic spot around Athens? Email him at kb749012@ohio.edu.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="29c90d72-4abb-11e5-a505-af97ab59fb14"}}

AP:

Trying new things is always a good idea, especially in the bedroom. It can be scary to open up about these kinds of things because it can make you vulnerable and embarrassed if your partner isn't exactly an explorer. But, I'm sure they'll understand!

Personally, I recommend a little liquid confidence. It's important to be confident because your partner will be more open to something out of the ordinary if you're acting as though it's ordinary. One way or another, you gotta get your jollies and be satisfied and I'm sure your partner would want the same for you.

As always, I say 'relax'. Make your partner comfortable, don't just pull out all these things while in the sack. And remember, asking during sex is always a must.

We are young, though, we need to figure out what we like.

At this time in our lives, it's crucial to discover ourselves, our sexual preferences included. So go out and be your kinky self and be confident. I think you'll like the results.

Abbey Peyton is a senior studying broadcast journalism. How do you approach wanting to try new things during sex? Email her at ap384611@ohio.edu.