Emma Ockerman

From the Editor's Desk: 'Post' pushes 'Post Haste' for OU students to read before class

The Post has launched the daily newsletter for Ohio University students and faculty.

I'm not necessarily proud of it, but I sleep with my iPhone. 

It's usually on accident. The last thing I do before falling asleep is a quick scroll through Twitter to make sure I didn't miss any breaking or quirky news from my favorite publications. I repeat that cycle as soon as I wake up, and then probably dozens times throughout the day. 

Yet, I still end and begin the day feeling like I missed something. 

The reader's desire for a recap of all the day's news and anything else they might find interesting in one, succinct place is why so many publications started sending daily newsletters or posting "run downs" online. I wake up to the Mic Check newsletter, The New York Times' Now Morning Briefing, the TIME Politics newsletter and others each morning. It's a good way to start the day.

That's why The Post started writing a short, online-only article called "Post Haste" each morning. It contains all our favorite Post stories from that day, some news from around the world, Athens' bar specials and usually a quirky fun fact. Also, a gif. We've been big on gifs this year. 

Our readers have sounded off on Twitter and Facebook saying that they've been enjoying it — we couldn't be more glad. As always, though, we'd love to improve on what we already have. We're only in our third week of writing "Post Haste."

If there's anything The Post could be doing to make your morning scroll through Twitter easier, let us know. We hope that you're looking for us each day. 

Emma Ockerman is a junior studying journalism and editor-in-chief of The Post. Have any suggestions for Post Haste? Email her at eo300813@ohio.edu or talk to her on Twitter @eockerman.