An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

Ohio University Police Department recieves second sexual assault report this semester

A female Ohio University student reported a rape to Ohio University Police Department Saturday, the second sexual assault case received by OUPD this Fall Semester.

A female Ohio University student reported a rape to the OU Police Department on Saturday, marking the second sexual assault case received by OUPD this Fall Semester.

The case is under investigation.

According to OUPD records, the victim said the assault took place in a South Green dorm. The report did not include the name of the building.

OUPD received a sexual assault report Aug. 29 that alleged a female was touched in her groin area while walking on East Union Street by a male whom she knew.

The next day, the Athens Police Department also received a report about a sexual assault. According to a news release from APD, the report alleged that an 18-year-old female was sexually assaulted on Athens' east end.

The release said the suspect is unknown, adding that the department believes there is no known threat to the public at the time.

The case is under investigation.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="d997014c-5366-11e5-b7a2-ab7527574da9"}}

In the past six months, there have been five sex-related reports filed to APD and OUPD.

During Spring Semester alone, OUPD received six sex-related reports that had occurred on campus.

Half of those reports remain active investigations, according to OUPD’s website.

The other half included an anonymous S.A.N.E. kit — a kit used to help determine if an individual has been sexually assaulted through DNA evidence — from OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="594cb7c8-51ab-11e5-8484-0be3b2d4dbc3"}}

One incident ended in the arrest of Brian L. Goody, 40, of sexual imposition and the last incident involved a man who was arrested after publicly exposing himself in OU’s parking lot 122.

Additionally, two reports of rape were filed last Fall Semester that remain active investigations, according to OUPD’s website.

@Fair3Julia

Jf311013@ohio.edu