Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Intoxicated student urinates in dorm common area

OUPD responded to a male who had urinated in the common area of his dorm and passed out with a half burned cigarette in his mouth.

One Ohio University student ended his Saturday night by urinating in the residence area of his dorm and passing out with a half-burned cigarette in his mouth.

At 3:20 a.m. Sunday morning, Ohio University Police Department officers were called to the Convocation Center because of a report of an intoxicated male.

When officers arrived on the scene, they first talked to the Resident Assistant of the floor, who stated the 19-year-old male had urinated on the floor in the Convocation Center dorm's common area.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="e2b1ef90-5577-11e5-bfeb-abdb4ab50a69"}}

The officers located the male and found him passed out with a half-burned cigarette still in his mouth. OUPD then brought the man to consciousness and began talking to him, according to the report.

After officers smelled alcohol on the male and noticed he had trouble keeping his balance, OUPD placed him under arrest and issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication.

This past week OUPD cracked down on the possession of fake IDs. In total, the department reported four occurrences of IDs being confiscated and marked for destruction.

OUPD reported nine marijuana-related incidents and nine alcohol disturbances this weekend. There were also three reports of bike theft this week, with each case still being investigated.

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to River Road in Guysville on Friday for a report of a break-in.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="13475ca4-4ab9-11e5-8d15-f3149e8b80e4"}}

It was reported that the residence had been broken into earlier in the day. When deputies arrived it was determined that two guns and one weed eater had been stolen from the home, according the police report.

The break-in is estimated to have occurred sometime between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., and the stolen property was entered into the Law Enforcement Automated Data System. The case is under investigation. 

The sheriff's office received a report of cyber harassment Saturday. The complainant said the source of the harassment was unknown, but that it was taking place on Facebook and via text message. 

Deputies advised the female to change her phone number and "unfriend" the individuals participating in the harassment. As of now, no further action will be taken.

The sheriff's office received another report on Friday in regards to a house in Jacksonville that was egged.

At about 5 p.m., ACSO deputies arrived at the residence. Deputies had received a complaint that the residence had been the target of an egging. They also found a blue liquid poured all over the porch.

Deputies received the names of some suspects however after many attempts to make contact with them they ended up empty handed, according to the report.

@mcuds

mc835713@ohio.edu