The Weekender Banner

The Weekender: Reading weekend opens up many more opportunities than a usual weekend

With the reading weekend creeping up on us here at Ohio, here is a few things to do over the long weekend.

The three day reading weekend is almost upon us, so that means it's time to party! No, not really, due to the fact that midterms are next week, so get into Alden and study instead. If you put some time into studying on Friday, that means you can watch NCAA football Saturday, and then Sunday watch a little NFL. Or if that doesn't float your boat, then you could go check out the new fall exhibit at the Kennedy Museum of Art where two of Ohio's faculty work is being displayed. Spend time with some friends, rejuvenate those batteries, and either way it's the weekend, so get pumped.

Post Modern: "I enjoy taking classes with the Bobcats and wandering around the town, but it was couch surfing that enabled me to live the life of American students. I got to know what they cook, what kinds of books they read and what TV shows they like (i.e. a weird cartoon I can never understand). Last week, I watched the Republican candidate debate with Danielle and her friends. They drank beers, made fun of the candidates and shot foam bullets at the TV screen. This is the United States I would not know from news or textbooks." (Link)

Octubafest: Ohio University is celebrating its 17th annual Octubafest on Oct. 4. Six concerts total will take place throughout October. (Link)

New exhibit: At the Kennedy Museum a new exhibit has opened featuring the work of two Ohio faculty members. (Link)

Firt-Year films: The Division of Film’s second-year students are prepared to premiere their films to the public. The films will be shown at The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St., Saturday. These are the films the students refined from their first-year. (Link)

MOVIES: Want to see The Martian, Hotel Transylvania 2 or Sicario? Check out The Athena Cinema,  The Athena Grand or Movies 10 (Fun Barn) for showtimes.

via GIPHY