An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

Ohio University Police Department receives 11th sex-related crime report of the semester

The student, whose gender is unspecified in the report, alleges that the incident took place two days before the start of fall semester classes.

Thursday a student reported a sexual assault to the Ohio University Police Department.

According to the OUPD report, the student alleged the incident occurred Aug. 22, two days before Fall Semester classes started at OU.

The case is under investigation, according to the police report.

The report does not specify the gender of the student who reported the crime, which is classified as gross sexual imposition. It does not specify a location, but does indicate alcohol might have been involved.

No other information was given in the report.

Thursday’s report marks the 11th sex-related crime reported to OUPD since the beginning of the semester, and the 12th reported to Athens area law enforcement, including a sexual assault reported to the Athens Police Department.

Of the 11 previously reported sex-crimes to OUPD, two others were also gross sexual imposition, according to previous Post reports.

On Sept. 8, a woman alleged unwanted sexual conduct to OUPD. The department arrested a former OU basketball player for gross sexual imposition the next day, but the charges were dropped Sept. 14.

On Sept. 10, a female student reported gross sexual imposition to OUPD, alleging a male acquaintance had sexual contact with her Sept. 3.

bg272614@ohio.edu

@baileygallion