Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Student cited for an underage two days in a row

A female was cited for underage alcohol consumption on two different nights last week.

When an Ohio University student had bad luck last week, it wasn't because she failed a test or lost her phone. It was because she was cited for an underage alcohol consumption charge two days in a row.

The first citation came on Thursday in the early morning when an Ohio University Police Department officer was on foot patrol around East Green.

The officer spotted two individuals behind Bush Hall; the aforementioned female and one other male. The female subject was observed screaming "different types of profanity" toward the male and asking him to go away.

When the OUPD officer made contact with the two individuals he noticed both of them had a strong odor of alcohol on their breath. The female also had slurred speech and trouble standing on her own.

Both subjects were cited for underage alcohol consumption and were separately released to sober friends. 

Then, Friday at approximatley 7 p.m., OUPD officers noticed the same female vomiting in front of Glidden Hall on East Union Street. When officers approached the subject to check on her well-being, they realized she had been drinking again.

The female had a strong odor of alcohol emitting from her breath, had a difficulty keeping her eyes open and was also unsteady on her feet.

The individual admitted to consuming beer on Mill Street earlier in the night. Also, during the identification process, the officers realized that the female was under the age of 21, according to the report.

For the second time in a matter of two days, the female was charged with underage alcohol consumption.

At about midnight Wednesday, OUPD officers smelled the odor of burnt marijuana while on foot patrol near South Green.

Officers observed one male smoke a "marijuana cigarette" and then pass it off to another male sitting next to him. The officers intervened just as the second subject was about to smoke it.

When approaching the males, one of the officers shined a flashlight towards them, which then prompted the second male to run away.

After a short foot pursuit he was finally detained for questioning. Both subjects were cited for possession of marijuana and were scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2.

The Athens County Sheriff's Office received a report of property damage on Sunday. Deputies were dispatched to State Route 550.

Once the deputies arrived, they spoke with the complainant, who stated that a moving truck ran over his flowers and into his yard.

Deputies were able to speak with the driver of the truck who was still at the scene. The subject stated that they would take the appropriate action to fix the damaged flowers, according to the report.

A report was made and photos of the damage were taken. The kind of flowers were not specified in the report.

@mcuds

mc835713@ohio.edu