Police Blotter

Police blotter: goats at large; intoxicated students on the ground; false thievery

OUPD found two different intoxicated students lying on floors of their residence halls, and another in the middle of the road.

After Ohio University Police Department officials found one student lying intoxicated in the center of Union Street at about 11 p.m., she struggled to tell an officer her birthday.

On Jan. 13, OUPD responded to a call about a female screaming near Hudson Health Center and found a student "lying in the center of the roadway with a male attempting to help her up," according to a police report.

OUPD "eventually" identified the student, but "(she) was not initially able to provide an accurate birth date," according to the report. She was able to confirm her birth year after the police officer verified it.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="1c8d1266-ba19-11e5-a807-3f907c225037"}}

The male with her in the center of the roadway said he had been trying to help her home, according to the report.

OUPD cited the female student for underage consumption and public intoxication, according to the report.

At noon on Saturday, one student witnessed OUPD arresting a man in the Schoonover Center.

OUPD officers found the 28-year-old Athens resident passed out on the floor of a Schoonover Center bathroom stall, according to a police report. The man was incoherent and unsteady on his feet.

Officers arrested the man for disorderly conduct by intoxication after EMS checked his well being, according to the report.

OUPD also found two students lying on the floor in their residence halls this weekend.

One male student was found in the shower of Jefferson Hall at about 1 a.m., Saturday and arrested for disorderly conduct by intoxication, according to a police report.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="1e4cd898-befb-11e5-a809-07fd592d5b43"}}

OUPD found the next student, a female, in True House "laying on the mod floor covered in vomit," according to the police report. OUPD cited her for disorderly conduct, and Athens County EMS transported her to OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital for treatment.

Between Jan. 11 and Monday, OUPD reported three thefts. One case was easily solved.

On Jan. 12, two OIT employees reported two space heaters missing from their office to OUPD, according to a police report. The next day, one of the employees reported they had located the space heaters — they had been borrowed by a fellow employee.

The same day, Athens County Sheriff deputies responded to a call about loose goats causing property damage, according to a sheriff's report. Deputies identified the goats and instructed their owner to keep her goats on her property, and charged the owner with animal at large.

On Saturday, a male called the sheriff's office because his mother had taken his car keys and wouldn't give them back, according to a sheriff's report. The mother told deputies her son had been drinking, and could not safely drive. After speaking with deputies, the "caller agreed to go to bed and not attempt to drive."

bg272614@ohio.edu

@baileygallion