The Athens Police Department released a composite sketch of the suspect of three related sexual assault cases.

Athens police are asking for more tips on the reported sexual predator

The Athens Police Department asked that anonymous tips about the sexual predator be submitted directly to the department.

The Athens Police Department encouraged residents to continue reporting tips regarding the ongoing investigation of three linked sex crimes, in a news release sent out Thursday.

More than 80 tips have been reported to the department, according to the release, but the reports have tapered off. The department is investigating all the tips.

On Jan. 28, APD Chief Tom Pyle announced that DNA evidence had linked a Dec. 12 sexual assault to two other reports from 2006 and June 2015.

All three of the alleged sex crimes reportedly occurred in the uptown area of Athens. APD and the Ohio University Police Department have increased foot patrol there and in “other areas of concern,” according to the release.

The city encourages residents to be “active bystanders,” according to the release.

The city also requested that citizens limit the use of social media to post tips and accusations and to contact APD directly with leads instead.

The release asked that residents remain patient, as an investigation requires time. APD will provide limited information in order to protect the investigation, according to the release.

The Dec. 12 attack allegedly occurred when a woman was walking home alone in the Uptown area, according to a previous Post report.

On June 20, a woman was walking home alone when a man attacked her from behind and attempted to sexually assault her before being scared off by others walking in the area, according to a previous Post report.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="b386c80c-d10b-11e5-905b-d76e9e639155"}}

In the 2006 attack, a man allegedly followed a woman home from the Uptown area, entered her home illegally and raped her, according to a previous Post report.

Police believe the suspect is 5-foot-9 to 5-foot-10, weighing about 160 pounds, and in his late 20s to early 30s, according to the release.

Anyone with information about the investigation can contact APD or Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu