Noah Alassaf, the creator of the HangNOver Box, a box that contains the remedies to help cure a hangover, poses in Baker University Center on February 18, 2016. 

New business looks to ease aches and pains of hangovers

An Ohio University student wants to make the morning after a night out a little easier for students.

For many students, the “morning after” can be the struggle of all struggles.

A new business coming to Ohio University may make that process a little easier.

HangNOver Boxes will be available for order at the end of February. For only $10, students will get a box of hangover-coping goodies delivered straight to their door.

Noah Alassaf, a senior studying sociology and psychology and the business’ founder, said there is a need for a morning delivery service in addition to the late-night services on campus.

“Campus Delivery and other delivery services on campus mainly target afternoon and late night delivery," Alassaf said. "I noticed going through Twitter that there’s a lot of people complaining that they’re tired and that they don’t want to get out of bed in the morning. I figured, why not?”

Alassaf said, the boxes will be customizable and customers will have a list of items to choose from.

“Each delivery will have their own box that will be customized," he said. "For items to choose from, we’re thinking: Ibuprofen, a bottle of water, peanut butter and jelly, handheld soups that can be warmed up, a snack item and maybe chips and fruit.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="988cf938-d69a-11e5-a96a-a338c1926de5"}}

Students’ requests were something that Alassaf relied on to decide which products to offer in the boxes.

“A big response was Gatorade,” he said, “That will probably be another one of the choices to start.”

Alassaf, who is from the Athens area, said he’ll be running the business out of his apartment, but has more space on the ready if the business takes off quickly.

“To begin with, I’m going to start in my apartment, but I have relatives that will offer space in Athens if we have an overflow of orders.”

Alassaf also plans on developing a HangNOver app to streamline the ordering process once the business is launched.

Some students think Alassaf’s idea is clever. Julius Sciarappa, a junior studying accounting, thinks HangNOver Box has the potential to catch on quick.

“It’s tapping into a big market that no one has really dived into," Sciarappa said. "It’s actually a really smart move.”

Ian Flanagan, a junior studying communication, thought it would be interesting if the boxes had different levels at different prices.

“They should have tiers, depending on how bad your hangover is," Flanagan said. "Like tier 1 can be cheaper and tier 3 could be a little more expensive and have more stuff for a stronger hangover.”

Flanagan also thought the business idea is creative, but may have a limited market in Athens.

“I think it’s more of a freshman/sophomore market,” he said, “I go shopping every week, and I buy most of the stuff being offered.”

@Jonny_Palermo

jp351014@ohio.edu