Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Intoxicated person reports nonexistent car crash, OUPD officers find 'small pool of vomit'

OUPD reported seven incidents involving marijuana and two involving alcohol between Feb. 8 and Monday

When the Athens County Sheriff's office responded to a car crash, one key element was missing.

There was no crash.

Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call about a multiple car collision with injuries Feb. 10. According to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office report, deputies arrived at about 1 p.m. and discovered the person who reported the incident had called while “under the influence.” The report did not specify what substance the caller was on.

To quote the report, “There is no need for further action at this time.”

Bathroom break for it

A woman reported Thursday that someone had stolen her purse while inside her house using the bathroom, according to a sheriff’s report.

The woman told deputies at about 11 a.m. that she had let the suspect into her home after she said her car had broken down at the end of the driveway. The woman told deputies that her bank had contacted her about charges to her account. According to the report, the case is under investigation.

Neighborly kindness

According to a Saturday sheriff’s report, when deputies responded to an activated alarm, they made a 76-year-old man at the scene a cup of coffee before returning to patrol.

Deputies arrived at the apartment at about 6 p.m. and found the man on the bathroom floor. They helped him to his feet and walked him to a chair, and when the man didn’t wish to call an ambulance, one deputy fixed him coffee before leaving.

Pharmacy

The Ohio University Police Department found a student in possession of suspected ketamine, ecstasy, marijuana, Xanax and marijuana wax on Feb. 8, according to a police report.

After responding to a fire alarm in Carr Hall at about 9 p.m., an officer smelled marijuana and found the suspected drugs inside the student’s residence. The case is pending results from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, according to the report.

The incident was one of seven involving marijuana possession, use or paraphernalia that OUPD reported between Feb. 8 and Monday.

Bromley's new pool

An OUPD officer arrived at the scene of an intoxication complaint at about 1 a.m. Saturday to find a “small pool of vomit” on the floor outside of a Bromley Hall room, according to a police report.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="13208078-d4ea-11e5-a099-5fdacfe8806c"}}

A student at the scene handed the officer his wallet, and the officer found a driver’s license that wasn’t his inside. The student was issued a warning for disorderly conduct and using another operator's license.

That incident was one of two involving alcohol that OUPD reported between Feb. 8 and Monday.

OUPD responded to a call about a “large fight” in Sargent Hall on Saturday at about 10 p.m., according to a police report. The primary aggressor had escaped by the time officers arrived, and the case is under investigation.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu