Editorial

Editorial: ‘Post’ accidentally didn't publish last page of WOUB report, fixing mistake

After realizing the full report had not been published, "The Post" will update its story to include the final page of the WOUB documents regarding sexist behavior in the newsroom.

In our haste to get a story up on thepostathens.com regarding the alleged sexist incidents that occurred in WOUB’s newsroom and in a university vehicle, editors regrettably failed to notice that the attached PDF of the report did not include the final page.

That final page included the line that WOUB directors “have been in communication with The Post’s editor and feel that The Post’s staff would join us for this type of training.” The training referenced would be conducted by Ohio University’s Office of Institutional Equity, though the document doesn’t reference what the training would include.

That’s true, and something we certainly weren’t attempting to hide. Post editor-in-chief Emma Ockerman has been in communication with directors at WOUB and has met with its editor-in-chief, Allison Hunter, to discuss any possible collaboration on training or discussions that could lead to a safer environment for female journalists, and to a better understanding of institutional sexism for male journalists.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="540830f0-ec77-11e5-b719-3361f4770cb1"}}

We are updating the story to include the final page.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: Editor-in-Chief Emma Ockerman, Managing Editor Rebekah Barnes and Digital Managing Editor Samuel Howard. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.