Siblings John Mlynarski, right, and Andrew Mlynarski, left, both came to Ohio to hone their shared craft of golf.

Men's Golf: Ohio finishes in 12th place at the Kingsmill Intercollegiate Tournament

Two Ohio golfers finish in the top 20 of the Kingsmill Intercollegiate Tournament. 

Ohio dropped three team spots during the final round Wednesday to finish 12th place at the Kingsmill Intercollegiate Tournament. 

Shooting a third round score of 298, the highest score logged during the three-day event, Ohio fell three spots and was bypassed by Radford, Seton Hall and Appalachian State. 

Ohio finished 12th of the 24 teams competing.

Peyton White and Grant Engel each performed well Wednesday. White finished in a tie for seventh, a three spot drop from his second-round performance, but a solid top-10 finish. He shot a 3-over par.

Engel was the best golfer for Ohio in the final round, moving down 28 spots to a tie for 15th, shooting 2-under par on the day. 

Engel’s improvement throughout the tournament has been significant, and his 2-under par in the final round was the lowest score (68) posted by any Bobcat throughout the tournament. 

Ty Herriott’s score of 14-over par during the third round didn't help the Bobcats. Dropping 51 spots, it was his highest score of the tournament’s three rounds. He finished the tournament 23-over par and tied for 100th. 

Mike Engelman dropped 15 spots into a tie for 112 and shot an 11-over par on day three.

Ben Sattler dropped three spots into a tie for 76th place, shooting 6-over par. 

Ohio improved throughout the tournament. In the first round it had to endure the cold weather and sleet. Then, in the second round, it seemed as if it had found its rhythm, something that wasn't there during the fall portion of the season. 

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="c4a25d60-f094-11e5-81d1-bfa996340cfa"}}

The final round was a decrease in performances, but positives could have been taken from it. Two Bobcats finished in the top 20.

Sattler also stayed steady throughout the final two rounds, something that could be a stepping stone for Sattler as he moves forward into the spring season.  

Ohio will next travel to Bloomington, Indiana, for the NYX Hoosier Invitational on April 2. The invite is a two-day event. 

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu