Police Blotter

Police Blotter: OU student finds horse manure smeared inside her vehicle Saturday

OUPD responded to 15 incidents related to alcohol, three of which involved people allegedly passed out.

In the second incident in two weeks in which someone reported a substance spread where it didn't belong, a student reported to the Ohio University Police Department that horse manure was smeared across the interior of her vehicle on Saturday.

The student reported the damage to her vehicle in an OU parking lot at about 10 p.m. Saturday and reported no other damage or missing items, according to an OUPD report.

On a similar note, last week, a member of Sargent Hall's custodial staff reported someone had smeared peanut butter across the carpet, walls and doors of the first floor men's hallway, according to a previous Post report.

The 'staggering' subjects

According to police reports, OUPD responded to 15 incidents related to alcohol between April 11 and Sunday. Ten of those incidents resulted in charges related to underage drinking.

OUPD officers arrested four others for disorderly conduct by intoxication. OUPD also issued one citation for open container law violations.

On Friday at about 1 a.m., OUPD officers responded to a report of a student passed out by Shively Hall.

The student had no shoes on, and it took several attempts for officers to wake him, according to the report. The student was disoriented, had an odor of alcohol around him and had watery, bloodshot eyes, according to the report.

Officers cited him for underage consumption of alcohol and possessing a fake ID. They transported him to OUPD, where he was released to a sober friend, according to the report.

The student wasn't the only one officers allegedly found passed out. Two other OUPD police reports reference subjects passed out. Four of the referenced subjects were unable to stand on their own. Four contain the word "staggering."

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="bd1b4b14-00da-11e6-aaaf-c7f181f5f584"}}

Happy birthday

Another reportedly passed-out student was unable to tell OUPD officers his birthday, according to a police report.

The student was found passed out on the side of Edgehill Drive at about 2 a.m. Saturday and had glassy eyes, slurred speech and the smell of alcohol on his breath, according to the report.

Officers arrested him for underage consumption by intoxication, and he was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Misidentification

On Saturday at about 12 a.m., an OUPD officer observed a woman staggering down University Terrace, according to a police report.

After the officer approached her, the woman tried to misidentify herself to the officer by showing him an ID that didn't belong to her, according to the report.

Officers arrested the woman for underage alcohol consumption by intoxication and possession of a fake ID, according to the report, and she was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Natty Lite littering

On Saturday at about 4 p.m., OUPD officers observed a man trying to hide an alcoholic beverage as he walked down West Union Street.

As officers approached the man, he dropped "a Natural Light can with a black koozie" on the ground and kept walking, according to the police report.

The man was too intoxicated to follow simple commands from the officers, according to the report, and officers arrested him for littering and disorderly conduct by intoxication.

The man was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the report.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu