delfin bautista

Query a Queer: Be a part of the effort to create safe spaces at OU

The LGBT Center is an inclusive space that hosts a myriad of events for people of all genders and sexualities at Ohio University.

We are so queertastically glad you are part of Ohio University and the Southeast Ohio Communities.

OHIO and Athens have built a strong rainbow foundation for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and ally communities; we are the first center in the state of Ohio to offer gender-neutral housing and trans healthcare to students. 

That said, we still have a lot of work in creating an environment (both on and off campus) that is truly safe and celebratory of people of all genders, orientations and expressions of identity.

As the center continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of the university and of our geographic location, we invite you to be part of the effort to create spaces where folks across the spectrums of sexuality, gender and coming out feel affirmed in whatever ways needed. 

The LGBT Center offers a variety of programming, such as Dine-n-Discuss, Queer Hollywood, annual Queer Studies Conference, guest speakers, crafternoons, Pride Graduation and much, much more.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="e498f958-ff5d-11e5-872e-57b36f2f1998"}}

The center also houses a resource library of books and films as well as offers a computer lab, lounge area, study space and a place to color unicorns.

Additional opportunities include: Getting involved in SpeakOUt and/or #Safingallthezones (SafeZone workshops), celebrating holigays like National Coming Out Day and Transgender Day of Remembrance and just being you! 

delfin bautista (pronouns: they/them/their) is director of the LGBT Center at Ohio University. Do you have a question relating to the LGBT community? Email them to lgbt@ohio.edu or oulgbtcenter@gmail.com; tweet @oulgbtcenter with #qaqueer; tumblr at oulgbtcenter; or post/message to the center’s Facebook page (oulgbtcenter). Individuals who submit questions will appear anonymously in our responses. All questions are welcome. Don’t hold back.