Chuck's Collegiate Politics: Carry yourself, and your opinions, like an adult

On campus we have a Pro-Life group, you may have seen them on Twitter @OUProLife

They use memes and other trendy pictures and sayings as means to get the word out about their beliefs, which is a great way to stay in touch with the modern youth. 

The group decided to have their first on-campus event this past Friday, so, needless to say, a lot of students were upset. Not because of the graphic images displayed, but because, generally, the "pro-life vs. pro-choice" debate gets really heated.

Disclaimer: I am pro-choice by any stretch of the means. However, my beliefs are not meant to undermine the beliefs of others in any way, but what someone else did at their event last Friday is entirely despicable.

As they were having their event, a masked man came and awkwardly tried to club their signs. I don’t know what he was trying accomplish really, but he kind of just hit one sign and then fell over top of it and scampered away.

I mean, kudos to that dude for having the guts to do that. I know I don’t have the arm strength to club down a sign then gracefully run away into the depths of Court Street.

Jokes aside, the masked man had no major purpose that we know as of yet. So, I am going to assume they are pro-choice and wanted to let the pro-life group know what they thought.

Honestly, they couldn’t have done it in a worse way.

The fact that they thought the appropriate way to handle their feelings was to anonymously club down a sign is foolish and speaks a lot about that person's character.

So, I guess the short message is don’t club signs down.

The long message is that if you disagree with someone’s political beliefs, there is always a more mature way to handle it, be it a peaceful protest or respectfully debating with one another. 

I just don’t recommend clubbing things.

Chuck Greenlee is a sophomore studying adolescent-to-young-adult integrated language arts at Ohio University. How do you express your feelings in a positive way? Let Chuck know by tweeting him @chuckingaround.