Today is Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016. Here's what you need to know:
News from The Post
- Police have determined an attempted kidnapping report from Aug. 25 was fabricated. (The Post)
- We've compiled a list of what's going on in Athens this weekend. (The Post)
On Wednesday, Apple hosted its much-hyped annual product launch, during which it confirmed some widespread rumors but also seemingly took consumers by surprise.
The event confirmed rumors about the newest iPhone not having a headphone jack. Instead, Apple will sell wireless headphones called AirPods. The event also revealed the iPhone 7 will come in a color called “jet black.”
In addition, the creator of the classic Super Mario Bros announced the game is being recreated in an iPhone version called Super Mario Run, which will be released sometime this fall.
Some other highlights include:
- Pokemon Go will soon come to the Apple Watch
- The announcement of a new Apple Watch (Called Series 2)
- The announcement of an Apple Watch targeted at runners
For a full recap of the event, click here.
Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.
High of 91 degrees today with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms late in the evening. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)
Scores and Game Times
You might also want to know …
A Columbus man is headed to prison after he shot a man in the face with a paintball gun, blinding him. (The Columbus Dispatch)
Banana Republic featured Cavs forward Kevin Love in its fall campaign. (cleveland.com)
For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.