Alivia Milesky (22) chases the ball down agaisnt Western Michigan at Chessa Field on September 30th, 2016. MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Soccer: Bobcats drop double overtime match on the road to Bulls

Ohio lost to Buffalo in double overtime 2-1 on Thursday night. It was the team's seventh straight loss. The Bobcats remain winless in Mid-American Conference play this year.

The score was tied for the majority of the second half and into two 10-minute overtime periods, but the second period was cut short at 104:56 when a header shot from Buffalo secured the win. 

Having had such a promising start this season, notching impressive wins over non-conference teams such as Dayton and Cleveland State, Ohio continues to struggle when it comes to getting ahead and staying ahead.

The Bulls scored around the 15 minute mark with a shot to the right corner of the goal that got past keeper Taylor Smith.

In the second half, Allie Curry brought the Bobcats back up to speed with a bicycle kick shot to the left corner of the goal in the 49th minute.

The Bobcats outshot the Bulls 15-12, but the Bulls managed to get more opportunities in corner kicks with eight compared to the Bobcats' three. The Bulls also proved to be a very physical team, racking up 20 fouls in comparison to seven from the Bobcats.

Coach Aaron Rodgers said this loss was particularly tough for the team since it fought so hard, but that he's proud of the work his team has put in.

"We did everything to deserve to win," Rodgers said in an Ohio Bobcats report. "I am so proud of the team effort. we have had wonderful spirit all season and I know we are going to be ready to compete hard on Sunday."

On Sunday, the Bobcats will host Akron with kickoff set for 1 p.m. at Chessa Field.

@LaurenJYoung94

ly688912@ohio.edu