Provided via Pixabay.com

Uptown Eats: How to have a 'slammin' ' fall party

It’s finally fall here in beautiful Athens and what better way to welcome in the new season than with a #fallthings party. The more flannel, leaves and apple cider, the better.

Alright, so the weekend is quickly approaching and you have no idea how to plan a #fallthings party. Never fear, Rachel is here.

Step 1: Send out a Facebook invite to 400 of your closest friends.

Step 2: Get decorations. You can make little ghosts using tissues and a Sharpie Marker or scatter leaves throughout your house for the full fall effect. A quick trip to Wal-Mart (929 E. State St.) or the Dollar Tree (743 E. State St.) will have your house decorated like never before.

Step 3: Hot cider. Pick up some apple cider from the store, add cinnamon sticks and some Fireball Whiskey (for those 21+) and heat in a big pot until your inner witch reveals itself. It never hurts to get pumpkin flavored beer either. Just sayin’.

Step 4: Food! Guests are going to be expecting a full fall spread for this lit #fallthings party. Apple butter and crackers is an easy hors d'oeuvre. Cut up some apples into slices and sprinkle with chocolate, caramel and various other toppings for less messy caramel apples. And if you're really feeling motivated you can make a pumpkin roll, but don't feel obligated to get too fancy for acquaintances that are about to do fall things to your house. 

Step 5: Create a dope playlist for this slammin' party you're about to become a legend for having. The more songs with the word fall in the title, the better.

This should go without saying, but don't forget to add me to the invite because you would be nowhere without me. See you soon. 

rg599913@ohio.edu