Ken Bone steals America's heart; Athens women supporting Trump despite remarks

Here’s what you need to know for Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2016:

News from The Post

Donald Trump has made controversial remarks about women, but some women from Athens are still supporting the Republican candidate. (The Post)
A Toledo man made a pit stop in Athens on his bicycling trip across the U.S.(The Post)

Good Morning,

Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and Republican candidate Donald Trump met for a town hall debate Sunday night, leading many viewers to talk about which candidate is best for the office of president.

But beyond Clinton and Trump the debate has lead to discussion over another character from the debate: Ken Bone.

Bone, an uncommitted voter from the St. Louis area, asked both candidates a question concerning energy production and soon became an internet meme because of his demeanor and appearance, especially his mustache and bright red sweater.

His name has been trending on Twitter since the debate, and Washington Post analysts have even called him a “hero.”

“I’m not a man of great means so the way I can give back to the community right now is politically, trying to make sure everyone has the rights that they deserve and trying to get the message out that everyone’s voice needs to be heard,” Bone said in a Washington Post video. “And you need to get out and vote in November.”

If one wants to vote in November, make sure to be registered. The last day to register in Ohio is Tuesday, Oct. 11 (today).

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Partially cloudy with a high of 71. (Courtesy of the Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report, but The Post broke down three takeaways from the Athens Bulldogs win over the Meigs Chieftains.

You might also want to know ...

A University of Virginia professor has faced criticism after comparing Black Lives Matter to the KKK. (The Washington Post)

Samsung has stopped the sale of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. Yes, those are the ones that have caught on fire. (NPR)

For more global news, check out The New York Timesdaily briefing.

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu