“I think anyone on the internet with eyeballs at this time and place is a bargain because it’s so new, no one knows what they’re worth”

Vine star Logan Paul featured on '60 Minutes'

Logan Paul, the internet star who propelled himself to fame by shooting Vines around Ohio University's campus, was featured on CBS' 60 Minutes on Sunday night.

Paul was part of a segment on social influencers — people with large social media followings who are increasingly drawing the ad dollars of major brands. Vine, where Paul got his start, is a social network where users share videos that are no more than six seconds long.

In the segment, Paul is shown ad-libbing an advertisement for Dunkin Donuts, which the host says Paul was paid nearly $200,000 for. Shortly after, Paul says he's worth "three times the amount" he was paid to interview with segment host Bill Whitaker. 

Paul's interests seem to have changed some since he dropped out of OU in 2014. Last year he played a minor role in an episode of Law and Order: SVU. In January, he was on the cover of Adweek magazine. Earlier this month, a full-length thriller he starred in premiered on YouTube Red, a subscription video streaming service.

Paul has 1.1 million followers on Twitter and more than 9 million followers on Vine. He's from Westlake, Ohio, near Cleveland.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu