Customers of Union Street Diner eat a meal at the popular Athens food spot. 

Uptown Eats: Best places to stress eat in Athens

There are a mere two weeks until students can relax for a couple of days, enjoy the company of their families and stuff their faces with as much turkey and mashed potatoes as they please. The only things standing in their way are a litany of tests, papers and perhaps a group project ... no big deal.

Although this may be the most exciting time of the year with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, it also happens to be the most tear-filled, anxiety-ridden, stressful time of the semester. 

What better way to combat these feelings than to get a bite — or two, or three — to eat?

Thankfully, Athens provides a slew of options for our binge-eating pleasures.

After studying for countless hours you deserve a whole pizza to yourself. Dial up the sweet melody that is Domino's and don’t be afraid to include a couple sides of ranch.

Or maybe you’re not THAT stressed but want a little something to reward your efforts. What better way to do that than to order a half dozen Insomnia Cookies at 2 a.m.? (Full disclosure: I am a marketing rep for Insomnia).

You could also go with a D.P. Dough calzone, chili cheese fries from O'Betty's, wings from Wings Over or a loaf of bread from Jimmy John's

Whatever you choose, this is the one time of year that getting a different artery-clogging food each night is socially acceptable ... kinda.

I mean you don’t have to overdo it, but like the great Ryan Gosling once said, “Hey girl, you deserve a cookie.”

rg599913@ohio.edu