PHOTO ILLUSTRATION. CAMILLE FINE | FOR THE POST

Moments we remember the most from ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’

On Nov. 16, 2001, the cinematic universe brought to life the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone hit the big screen 15 years ago, and people all over the world fell in love with the actors who played their favorite characters. The first film not only set up the rest of the series, but it also gave way to the most iconic lines. Here are the best and most significant lines in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

Hagrid: “Yer a wizard, Harry.”

This line is a pinnacle for the series because it is the first time Harry realizes his true identity. The line has been subject to many internet memes and is in the Instagram captions of Potterheads everywhere.

Via giphy.com

Hermione: “Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed — or worse, expelled.”

Ron: “She needs to sort out her priorities.”

Ah, the innocent banter between Ron and Hermione. The fact Hermione thought being expelled from Hogwarts was worse than death makes the line extremely funny. Emma Watson, who played Hermione, said that is her favorite line from all of the movies.

Severus Snape: “Mister Potter. Our new celebrity.”

Snape had some of the best lines in the series — “Always,” “You have your mother’s eyes” and “Turn to page 394,” to name a few. It wasn't necessarily the lines themselves, though, that made them iconic — it was how the late Alan Rickman delivered them. This quote, for example, is filled with pauses that have become the character’s trademark.

Via giphy.com

Mr. Ollivander: “The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.”

The moment when Harry picks out his wand can still send chills up someone’s spine. Those who have been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios and picked out a wand have probably experienced something similar.

Via giphy.com

Harry: “Snape was trying to save me?”

The whole Harry Potter series summed up in six words.

Via giphy.com

Sorting Hat: “Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that. No?”

Remember when Harry was almost sorted into Slytherin? Yeah, we choose to forget, too.

Via giphy.com

Draco Malfoy: “You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't wanna go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there.”

Harry: “I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks.”

If Harry were sorted into Slytherin, he probably would have been friends with Draco Malfoy. Thankfully, Harry turned his offer down super fast.

Via giphy.com

Dudley Dursley: “36?! But last year, last year I had 37!”

This is the moment audiences everywhere found a common enemy in Dudley — though he does get better as the series moves along.

Via giphy.com

Hermione: “It’s levi-O-sa. Not levi-o-SAR.”

This is the one of the first tastes the audience gets of Hermione’s know-it-all personality — and a heavily repeated line by Harry Potter fans everywhere.

Via giphy.com

Dumbledore: “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.”

It’s only fitting to end the list with wise words from the headmaster, Professor Dumbledore. The line was delivered only seconds before Gryffindor won the House Cup, forever solidifying Dumbledore's preference for the house.

What are your favorite quotes from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone? Comment below!

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu