Say hello to your new president; Hoagland beats Gentile

Here’s what you need to know for Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016:

News from The Post

• Republican Jay Edwards beat Democrat Sarah Grace by a wide margin in the race for the Ohio House’s 94th district. (The Post)
  • Republican Frank Hoagland defeated incumbent Democrat Lou Gentile in the Ohio Senate race for the 30th district. (The Post)

Good Morning,

Ladies and gentlemen, the results are in. 

After months of debates, campaigning and speculation, Donald J. Trump won Ohio and claims victory nationally in the 2016 presidential election — Clinton conceded the race through a phone call with Trump.

Over the course of the night, Trump was able to clinch many swing states, including Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

Trump’s presidential inauguration is scheduled to take place on January 20, 2017. Trump will be the first person to become president of the United States with no prior political or military experience.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Mostly cloudy with 30 percent chance of late morning rain. High of 53. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report, but here’s a preview of the men’s basketball team. They’re supposed to be pretty good this year.

You might also want to know …

Canada’s immigration website crashed last night. (MSN)

Cristiano Ronaldo became the second athlete after LeBron James to sign a lifelong deal with Nike. (The Washington Posti)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

jp351014@ohio.edu

@Heeeeeres_Jonny