Benoit to field questions about presidential post; It was a tough weekend for OU basketball

Here’s what you need to know for Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2016:

News from The Post

• A silent march took place Monday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (The Post)
  • Read our take on the new Netflix show, A Series of Unfortunate Events. (The Post)

Good Morning,

One month remains until Ohio University President Roderick McDavis leaves OU, and the presidential search committee is closing in on hiring a replacement.

The forum process of the presidential search will conclude tonight as OU Executive Vice President and Provost Pam Benoit takes the hot seat in Baker Ballroom at 4:30 p.m.

Benoit, the only female candidate being considered for the position, is also the only candidate with an obvious connection to OU. She has served in her current position since 2009 and previously served in upper-level administrative roles at University of Missouri before coming to OU.

Previous candidates fielded questions about diversity, athletic funding and university-city relations, among other topics. You can read more about the timeline of McDavis’ final days here.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Cloudy with 90 percent chance of late morning rain. High of 63. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

It was a rough weekend for OU basketball. The women’s team lost to Kent State, and Antonio Campbell went out with an injury during the men’s team’s loss to Eastern Michigan.

The men play in Akron tonight. You can catch the game on ESPN3.

You might also want to know …

The World Series champion Chicago Cubs visited the White House Monday. (The Chicago Tribune)

IHOP has found itself in the center of a Hillary Clinton-related Twitter controversy. (FOX)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu