Athens serves as backdrop for indie thriller; college makes it tough to get teeth pulled

Here's what you need to know for Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017:

News

• McDavis' presidency has resulted in new scholarships for students. (The Post)
  • Having to get your wisdom teeth pulled while in college is a real pain. (The Post)

Good morning,

The picturesque environment of Athens isn’t just a draw for college students — it’s also a draw for filmmakers.

Claire In Motion, an indie thriller film released last month, is set in Athens and features many scenes that were filmed on-site in locations around the city.

The film’s trailer showcases a few spots around Athens, including College Green, Court Street and a building at the corner of Stimson Ave. and Rock Riffle Rd. near the Hocking River.

The movie follows the story of a woman whose husband mysteriously disappears, “leaving a trail of puzzling secrets that shatter her certainty,” according to IMDb.

Breaking Bad fans may recognize the film’s lead actress, Betsy Brandt. She played Walter White’s sister-in-law, Marie Schrader, on AMC’s hit show.

The movie has a 57% approval rating on review aggregation site Rotten Tomatoes and was also the subject of a New York Times review.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Partly cloudy with no precipitation. High of 41. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Men’s basketball beat Eastern Michigan last night. (The Post)

You might also want to know …

American Girl is releasing a boy doll for the first time in history. (CBS)

King Jong Un’s half-brother mysteriously passed away at a Malaysian airport Tuesday. (CNN)

jp351014@ohio.edu

@Jonny_Palermo