Ohio University men's golf captains Peyton White, left, and Ty Herriott, right, both seniors, pose for a portrait at the Ohio University Driving Range on West State Street on Sept. 21.

Men's Golf: Ohio heads to Florida to play in Mission Inn Spring Spectacular

Ohio will play Saturday and Sunday in the Mission Inn Spring Spectacular at Howey-in-the-Hills, a course in Florida, in the fourth event of its spring season.

The Bobcats are coming off a ninth place finish in their previous event, the Frontier Secure Intercollegiate, where senior Peyton White finished second, shooting a 68 (-3).

That performance earned White the Mid-American Conference Tri-Golfer of the Week honor. He finished with a tournament-high 15 birdies.

Ohio finished tied for 13th in the same tournament last year, with White incorrectly signing his scorecard, a big reason the Bobcats finished so low.

White will lead the way for Ohio in the tournament and the rest of the season, with the performances of senior Ty Herriott, junior Grant Engel and sophomore Ben Sattler being important to the team’s overall finish in the tournament.

White, who is consistently the Bobcat’s top scorer, will be near the top of the leaderboards, and if others like Herriott, Engel and Sattler shoot well, the Bobcats can be at the top of the team leaderboards.

The Bobcats feel as if this is the year it is possible to consistently finish high in team scoring for their spring tournaments.

“This is one of the tightest teams we’ve had,” White previously told The Post. “We have a lot more in store for the spring."

@trevor_colgan

tc648714@ohio.edu