Tyler Corbit

Tyler's Bit: Senate tickets have an admirable attitude

So many students have such a busy schedule. Most of us take at least 15 credit hours, have a job and are involved with one or more student organizations. Yet, we have three groups of students going the extra mile, running for student government on top of all of that. We can see them tabling on College Green, at the top of Baker Center and anywhere else on campus making their voices heard and getting their names out. We have three tickets: Green Light, Fight and Voice.

All three parties are getting their names out in great ways. You can see sidewalks chalked up all over campus, they have twitter following, heck, I knew a lot about all parties before sitting down to write this column. With how busy we all find ourselves, we can all probably think of many things we’d rather be doing. Despite that, those dedicated students are out into late hours holding forums, chalking sidewalks and making themselves known around campus.

What they stand for is important, and I recommend you go out and learn who has your best interests in mind. Know that voting is also important — we had a terrible turnout last year. These people make important decisions, and we should all find someone who represents us. If you feel no one has your interests in mind, then go run for senate yourself. No one represents you better than you. No matter what you do, just make sure to stay involved and fight for campus issues you are passionate about.

I am not going to come out and endorse a single ticket. They all have great ideas, and I admire the effort they are willing to put into bettering our university, and I will gladly get behind whoever wins the majority of students, unlike national elections decided by an electoral college.

Tyler Corbit is a freshman studying journalism with a focus in strategic communication at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. What student senate ticket are you voting for? Let Tyler know by tweeting him @tylercorbit.