Marco Omta is a freshman studying music production.

Sarcastic Scoop: To cut costs, Trump's wall to be built as a picket fence

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Democrats and Republicans have finally joined together to sign the bill that will allow President Donald Trump’s wall to finally be built in the form of a two-foot-tall white picket fence.

“I know there have been a lot of budgeting issues,” Trump said in a recent address. “I know a lot of people have been concerned that Mexico won’t pay for the wall. And they will, by the way. But, you know, they didn’t want to pay very much. As you know, making deals is my art, so we’ve decided on something that will please everyone.”

After a proposed necessary $1 billion to build the wall, the picket fence plan has moved the entire cost of the project to about $3,000.

“Of course we’ll build his stupid little fence,” Enrique Peña Nieto, President of Mexico, told reporters. “It’s $3,000. That’s a joke. What a complete idiot.”

Trump has been largely praised by conservative media on his ability to create deals with other countries, especially judging off of his renowned relationships with Israel and Russia.

“This will be the greatest picket fence you’ll ever see,” Trump said. “No one’s gonna ever see a better picket fence anywhere. It’ll be so great. So great. You know, I know a lot of good fence-builders. A lot of people think I don’t, but I do, and they’ll make it so great, folks, I’m telling you.”

The fence is scheduled to be built over the span of about two weeks, creating about six jobs nationally.

Marco Omta is a sophomore studying games and animation. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Are you able to hop over garden fences? Email Marco at mo183714@ohio.edu.