Cody is back, which means Jessica has her partner in crime again on Big Brother. (provided via @big.brother Instagram) 

TV Recap: Week 4 of ‘Big Brother 19’ — Jessica vs. the house

Big Brother 19 was dramatic last week, to say the least. Paul Abrahamian and the strong side alliance of the house set their eyes on Dominique Cooper as their target. While their plan was executed and they were one houseguest down, an evicted cast member will re-enter the game and shake things up a bit. If Paul and his loyal team of followers thought they were sitting pretty for the rest of the season, think again.

Sunday

Jessica and Cody reunite, while the others plot

Two weeks ago, Cody Nickson was evicted by a 7-3 vote, leaving his girlfriend, Jessica Graf, alone in the house. Cody re-entered the game by winning the BattleBack competition on July 21, and Jessica filled him in on everything he missed. She even told him her secret that she now has the third temptation (the Halting Hex, allowing her to stop an eviction in the middle and reset the week). Now that Cody and Jessica are safe for the next four weeks, they set their eyes on Josh Martinez, Alex Ow, Christmas Abbott and Paul as their biggest targets.

While “Jody” caught up, Paul gathered everyone up to make sure they were all on the same page to send Cody right back out the door. Paul wanted Josh, the troublemaker, to ruffle Cody’s feathers a little bit before the Head Of Household competition, hoping to throw him off of his game. Josh was frightened because he now has no one to bully and Jessica’s protector has returned. Paul’s “Pendant of Protection” has just run out, making him eligible to be nominated for eviction. He’s getting the others to do his dirty work to leave as much blood off of his hands as possible.

The houseguests still have no idea that Paul is playing them like a fiddle.

HOH Competition

This week's Head of Household competition made each guest hold a red disc, doubling as a traffic light, in place with a flimsy stick attached to a glove. Each eliminated houseguest got the opportunity to “punish” a houseguest still in the competition. Seems easy enough, right? 

Only a few seconds in, Kevin Schlehuber dropped his disc, followed shortly by Mark Jansen and then Paul. The three of them chose to punish Cody, which involved him being covered in trash, concrete and screamed at by a big guy.

Jason Dent and Elena Davies' discs both fell, with Matt Clines’ dropping shortly thereafter. They all chose to punish Jessica and Cody — as expected — with hopes that one of them would drop their disc, ultimately keeping the strong side of the house safe.

Raven Walton and Josh dropped their discs, leaving Cody, Jessica, Christmas and Ramses Soto still in the game. Split two and two, Jessica reassured Christmas that she is not her target. Cody and Ramses both dropped their discs, leaving Christmas and Jessica to battle it out. Christmas, having just one foot because of her surgery, started to get weak and dropped her disc, making Jessica the new HOH.

After being punished throughout the whole competition, Jessica revealed that the day she won was the three-year anniversary of her father’s death, and he was the one who had turned her into a fan of the show.

Fake It 'Til You Make It

Paul was truly shook that he may be the target for the coming week — especially since he was the one that got Cody out of the house, and now he's back.

Josh then tried to speak with Jessica, but her security guard, Cody, shunned him by saying they have no interest in working with him.

Matt, Mark, Raven and Elena all spoke with Jessica and Cody to try and get in their good graces, but the four of them do not trust “Jody” — it is in the spirit of the game to fake it until you make it.

In one last final attempt to stay off the block, Paul spoke with Cody and said he would like to work together if they could.

Nomination Ceremony

Jessica nominated Ramses and Josh for eviction. She told Ramses that he is just a pawn and that Josh is the real target. Josh cried in the diary room because Jessica called him out and said he didn’t deserve to be there — but did she lie?

Wednesday

The Scheming Begins

After the nomination ceremony, Paul automatically gathered his followers and told them that they have to flip the votes to get Josh to stay. Josh got under “Jody’s” skin, and he will always be loyal to the big alliance, making him a plus for everyone else’s game.

POV Competition

The power of veto players are Josh, Ramses, Jessica, Cody, Jason and Christmas. The “BB Juicy Blast” is a memory competition  in which the players had to remember a sequence of ingredients to put in the drink they’re making. If a player got the ingredient wrong, the drink exploded and they were eliminated.

The game started, and Christmas was the first to get eliminated, followed by Jason, Ramses, and Josh. Cody and Jessica were still in the running to win the golden power of veto. With these two on the same team, Cody threw the competition by picking the wrong ingredient, making Jessica the POV winner.

The Big Brother Production

Now that Jessica won the POV, Paul had to make sure he stayed off her radar so he wasn’t the replacement nominee if she decided to use it. From there, Paul pulled Josh aside and advised him to continue terrorizing Jody so they didn’t have any possible reason to change nominations.

The strong alliance met, and Paul, the puppet master, got everyone on board for flipping the votes and keeping Josh in the house.

Ramses spoke with Jessica about the possibility of using the veto and pulling him off because he sensed the votes may flip in favor of Josh staying. She then spoke to Raven about how the votes would fall come Thursday night. Raven gives her a blanket response, saying “the votes should be unanimous.”

Jessica didn't buy Raven’s response and started to become paranoid. She spoke with Cody, who convinced her to not use the POV because there is no way that Josh would stay.

POV Ceremony

Jessica decided not to use the power of veto. In her diary room session, she explained that she was putting her trust in the house. Paul and Josh were both ecstatic because she made a terrible move, and Jody is most likely getting blindsided.

Thursday

Paul vs. Mark and Elena

As the week continued, Paul and the rest of his alliance started to worry that Mark and Elena had been hanging out more with Jessica and Cody.

During a pool match with Mark and Paul, Mark revealed that he was trying to fix the broken relationship between Cody and Paul. Mark then made the mistake of telling Paul he doesn’t like pairs in the house that stay neutral.

Paul knew he was speaking about Matt and Raven, and, with that information, he ran to tell them. Drawing the line in the sand between those three, Raven tried to plead her case to America and make them believe she is not a weak player.

Kevin The Culprit

Kevin informed Jessica that he was on board with getting Josh out of the house this week. He asked her if she got the final temptation, and she said yes. Then, Kevin told her that the house planned to flip the votes, and she and Cody would be blindsided.

Telling Cody what Kevin told her, Jessica became angry that she did not trust her gut and use the veto to save Ramses. In an attempt to campaign for Ramses, only Mark and Elena gave them their word.

Cody indirectly threatened Jason, which made Jason ready for war.

The Live Vote and Eviction

Julie Chen prepared the houseguests for the live vote and eviction. Ramses said they should keep him because he would be loyal, which is a plus for their game. Josh said he loves everybody in the house — except for the two meatballs, Jessica and Cody.

By a vote of 7-3, Ramses was evicted from the Big Brother house. Josh pretended to be shocked, but everyone knew what was coming. Ramses told Chen that Paul is running the game. Ramses' strategy was to be friends with everyone and get close with one person, which was Jillian, but she was evicted week two.

In the goodbye messages from the houseguests, Jessica was sympathetic, and Kevin told Ramses he is sorry — and he’s still invited over for Thanksgiving dinner.

HOH Competition

On Wednesday, the houseguests were shown images of the evicted houseguests with tattoos on them to study. Those images played a part in the true or false quiz crowning the next HOH.

Elena was out first, followed by Josh, Mark, Alex, Cody and Kevin. Christmas and Jason were eliminated, leaving Matt, Paul and Raven left. On the final question, Matt and Raven were eliminated, making Paul the new HOH.

Final Moments of the Live Show

Chen gathered the houseguests in the living room and asked them how they were feeling. Jessica revealed in front of the whole house that she has the temptation, and she and Cody are safe for the next couple of weeks. Iconic.

Paul could use his HOH to either take a shot at Mark and Elena, or he could waste it to get Jessica to use her temptation.

The Curse

As the show ended, Chen told America of the curse that Jessica inflicted on the house by accepting her temptation.

“The Temptation Competition” will take place for the next three weeks before nominations. The houseguest that wins will be safe for the week, while the houseguest that comes in last will automatically be a third nominee. The houseguests can chose if they want to compete or not.

Next week, we’ll see the drama unfold after the blindside eviction, which houseguest will play in “The Tempation Competition” and who Paul and his minions decide to target.

Big Brother airs Sundays at 8 p.m., Wednesdays at 8 p.m. and Thursdays at 9 p.m. on CBS.

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu