Post Haste: Today is the first day of classes; OU wide receiver is out for the year

Here’s what you need to know for Monday, August 28, 2017:

News from The Post:

• OU President Duane Nellis gave his first speech at the Convocation Center yesterday (The Post)
  • One of Ohio's wide receivers is out for the year (The Post)

Good morning,

Still a bit hungover from this weekend and full of free pizza from student organizations? Yup, that means today is indeed the first day of fall semester. Here’s some tips to make it through the first week of classes:

Actually read the syllabus

Not only is it just a good idea for planning out your semester and staying on track, but some sneaky professors will get you with a pop quiz on its contents.

Take some time for yourself

Just because it’s syllabus week doesn’t mean you need to be silly all the time. The first week can be busy, stressful and exciting. It can be easy forget to take care of yourself. Take naps and eat some square meals — you’ll appreciate it in the long run.

Be flexible

On Monday night, if you lay in bed and stress that taking four back-to-back 4000-level classes was maybe not the best idea, no worries. It is not too late to drop classes and add new ones. There’s nothing wrong with changing your mind, and you may stumble upon the best class of your college career in a spur-of-the-moment switch.

Find your classes and campus shortcuts

Do you know that going through the aquatic center is a quick way to get from Baker to Walter Hall? Knowing where you're going and the best way to get there can make your life a whole lot less stressful. Take a second to know where your classes are and think about you plan of action to get from one side of campus to the other in less than 10 minutes.

Read The Post

Call us greedy for readers, but we wrote some nice pieces that will help you make your first week go smoothly. Wanna know what happened in Athens over the summer or just what coffee shop sells the cheapest coffee? We got you covered.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather: Clear skies today with no precipitation. High of 81 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The Women’s Volleyball team went 3-0 this weekend at the Courtyard by Marriott Invitational.

You might also want to know …

President Trump is expected to lift a ban of police forces from using military weapons. (USA TODAY)

Taylor Swift unveiled her new music video at the Video Music Awards (The Post

Houston is flooded after a major hit from Hurricane Harvey (Reuters)

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu