A fan-made High School Musical 4 trailer made die-hard fans long for a new movie. (Photo via @high_school_musical Instagram)

Fan-made 'High School Musical 4' trailer causes stir on Twitter

Admit it — everyone has thought about the possibility of another High School Musical movie that follows the East High Wildcats after high-school and into their adult lives. Thankfully, a fan-made trailer takes everyone on a trip down memory lane.

The trailer takes place ten years later and shows Troy Bolton (Zac Efron) trying to live his life without his high school sweetheart Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens). Sharpay Evans (Ashley Tisdale) and Chad Danforth (Corbin Bleu) are co-workers, and Ryan Evans (Lucas Grabeel) has a family! And Taylor McKessie (Monique Coleman) is still the level-headed friend that saves the day. The clip merges together scenes from the actor’s other works, but the fan did back the trailer with a rendition of “What I’ve Been Looking For” from the first movie. Watch below.  

Although the trailer is a fake, that didn't stop fans from from reacting to the news with excitement. 

In March 2016, Disney made an announcement that HSM4 was ready to go and a nationwide casting call was in the works. The fourth installment of the franchise will feature a new group of Wildcats taking on their rivals from across town — the West High Knights —in what will be an epic showdown. Until Disney announces more details, you can get your head in the game with the rest of East High by leaving this trailer on repeat.

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu