TGIT returns this Thursday on ABC. (Photo via @shondarhimes Instagram)

5 best moments from fierce females of TGIT

Thank God it’s Fri  … Thursday. 

Starting tonight, Thursday’s just got a whole lot better. All thanks to the ladies of Grey’s Anatomy, How To Get Away with Murder and Scandal ― who are back and fiercer than ever. Even though Scandal does not actually premiere until next week, the other two make their long awaited return starting at 8 p.m. In honor of their highly anticipated return, here’s five of their most memorable moments: 

1.) Meredith Grey ― “Meredith’s Miscarriage ”

Ever since fans of Grey’s Anatomy saw Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) stroll through the doors of Seattle Grace Hospital; they fell in love. Grey exemplifies bravery and brilliance and that was shown during the finale of season six. While patching up Owen Hunt’s (Kevin McKidd) bullet wound, Grey suffered a miscarriage and without missing a beat, continued her duties as if her current problem was the least of her worries. 

2.)  Olivia Pope ― “Olivia Takes Over” 

During this scene in season four of Scandal, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) shows her force, determination and drive just seconds into the clip by her powerful walk, firmness in which she speaks and her willpower to get answers. You can see her white hat clear as day. 

3.) Annalise Keating ― “Day one and you’re unprepared?”

During the pilot episode of How To Get Away with Murder, fans are introduced to Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), a high profile defense attorney and criminal law professor who comes in aggressively ― appearing to be fierce, powerful, strong and cutthroat not only setting the bar for her students, but for the viewers as well. 

4.) Olivia Pope ― “Theodore Peus.”

Season six Olivia Pope was different than anything fans have ever experienced. While running Mellie Grant’s (Bellamy Young) presidential campaign she ran into several roadblocks that posed a threat to herself and her brand. One was Theodore Peus (David Warshofsky), but OP shut him down in the ferocious way Scandal fans love. What makes this scene even better is that a man thought he could boss the boss around. You’ve heard it said … “You can’t take Olivia Pope, Olivia Pope takes you.”

5.) Annalise Keating ― “Why did you pick my client’s container?”

If there’s one thing Shonda Rhimes instills in her characters, it’s their commitment to being self-reliant and their eagerness to win ― and Annalise Keating shows viewers exactly that during this scene from season one. Her willingness to find the truth and stop injustice has been a favorable trait featured throughout the run of the show. 

Celebrate TGIT properly by eating popcorn in true Olivia Pope fashion. 

Grey’s Anatomy and How To Get Away with Murder air Thursdays on ABC at 8 p.m and 10 p.m. Scandal returns to ABC Oct. 5 at 9 p.m. 

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu