9/11 commemoration ceremony to be livestreamed; Bobcats fan spotted on ESPN College Gameday

Today is Monday, Sept. 11, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

An Ohio Bobcats fan was spotted in the background of ESPN’s College Gameday coverage, and Twitter users were pumped about it. (The Post)

A local band used magical methods to find its band name. (The Post)

Ohio hockey was ranked No. 2 in the American Collegiate Hockey Association’s preseason top 25. (The Post)

Good morning,

Today is the 16th anniversary of the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001. The annual commencement ceremony to honor those who were killed during the attack will take place at the 9/11 Memorial Plaza at the World Trade Center site. If you’re interested in watching the live stream of the ceremony, which begins at 8:46 a.m., visit 911memorial.org. The website is encouraging people to share their memories and experiences of 9/11 on social media using the hashtag #HONOR911.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Partly cloudy with no chance of rain. A high of 72 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Women’s golf tees off for its third round of the Redbird Invitational today after a combined first- and second-round score of 630 (+54).

The field hockey team lost 2-1 to Virginia Commonwealth yesterday, and the women’s soccer team lost 3-0 to Kentucky.

You might also want to know …

President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon “declared war” against Republican leaders in a 60 Minutes interview that aired Sunday. (The Washington Post)

Hurricane Irma continues to devastate as it reached parts of Florida on Sunday. (The New York Times)

Apple is expected to announce extensive iPhone alterations, along with details pertaining to other Apple device updates, on Tuesday. (CNN)

@_jjohnston

jj940914@ohio.edu