'Abbey Road' came out 48 years ago today; Hyperloop could massively cut travel times

Today is Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017. Here’s what you need to know:

News from The Post:

A proposed high-speed vacuum transportation loop, or hyperloop, could cut travel times from Columbus to Pittsburgh to 19 minutes. (The Post)

President Donald Trump announced new restrictions on travel from several countries, including North Korea and Iran. (The Post)

Former Ohio hockey player Alex Vazquez has signed with the Brampton Beast of the East Coast Hockey League. (The Post)

Good morning,

The Beatles released Abbey Road, an album renowned for both its musical content and iconic cover, 48 years ago today.

The legendary cover features the four Beatles walking across the eponymous street's zebra crossing.

Neither the name of the record nor the band is on the album cover, which record label EMI claimed would hurt sales of the album — it sold four million copies in its first two months of release.

Sonically, Abbey Road features some of the Beatles' most well-known and critically praised songs, including "Come Together," "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun." The second side features a 16-minute medley of short songs that closes with the aptly named "The End."

The last song recorded by all four Beatles before the group's breakup, "The End" concludes with perhaps the most quintessential Beatles lyric: "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather

The unusually hot weather will continue today. Sunny with a high of 89 degrees and no chance of rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times.

None to report, but Ohio's soccer team celebrated its 20th anniversary Sunday.

You might also want to know…

Russian operatives used Facebook ads to exploit divisions over Black Lives Matter and Muslims. (The Washington Post)

The newest version of Safari, released Monday, mutes autoplaying videos automatically. (The Verge)

The Saudi Arabian government accidentally printed textbooks that include a doctored photo of Star Wars character Yoda with Saudi King Faisal. (The Telegraph)

@alexmccann21

am622914@ohio.edu