iPhone 7 (Rafael Fernandez | Wikimedia Commons)

Apple expected to release information on the new iPhone along with other products

Appleā€™s CEO sent out invites to various media and analyst members this afternoon inviting them to a special event, expected to reveal the iPhone 8 and other products.

The company also might introduce new updates to current products on Sept. 12 and no one knows for sure what exactly is going to be unveiled. 

The assumption is the iPhone 8 will be included along with updates to the Apple Watch, Apple TV and iOS software, according to The Verge

A Mashable writer who was also invited to this event is also expecting the addition of the iPhone 7s and 7s Plus.

While Apple is not telling much of what is to be expected, it will be the first event held at the new Apple Park campus in California. It will also be held in the new Steve Jobs Theater.

It has been 10 years since Steve Jobs first unveiled the first iPhone at Macworld, according to USAToday.

Some rumored features of the iPhone 8 are an edge-to-edge screen and a 3D face-scanning camera, Bloomberg mentioned in earlier reports. 

People have already gone to Twitter to talk about how they are ready to break their banks and are looking for excuses to get the new iPhone this fall.

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu