CLDC to host first Saturday Series of the year; DeVos to replace Obama-era directives on sexual assault

Today is Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. Here’s what you need to know today:

News from The Post:

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos announced Thursday that she intends to replace directives on sexual assault that were established in the Obama era (The Post).  

Latitude 39 and Front Room Coffeehouse received $1 million in renovations this summer (The Post).

Good Morning, 

Have you ever wanted to obtain a leadership certificate from the Career and Leadership Development Center but couldn’t find the time? Well, tomorrow is your chance. On Saturday, the CLDC is hosting the “Saturday Series”, an opportunity for Ohio University students to complete all workshop requirements to gain their Professional Leadership Certificate and 21st Century Leadership Certificate ㅡ all in one day. 

The CLDC, on the fifth floor of Baker Center, aims to help students gain development and leadership skills that will guide them through their collegiate and professional careers. Career coaching, resume building and mock interviews are a few resources among the many the CLDC offers OU students. The “Saturday Series” will take place in Baker Center 366 from 10 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.

Athens weather

Partly cloudy with no chance of rain. A high of 71 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and game times

Ohio football will take on Purdue tonight at 8 p.m. 

You might also want to know … 

The Las Vegas police union asked the NFL to look into Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett’s racial allegations. (USA Today)

ABC announced the new Bachelor. (The Post)

Hurricane Irma caused damage in the Caribbean and killed at least 13 people. (ABC News)

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu