Leibowitz's photo shared over 90,000 times. (Photo via Rocio Yanira Sandoval on Facebook)

Fun News Friday: Seven-year-old pulls sword from legendary lake, boy battling cancer meets sloth

Happy Friday! With another week of lectures and late nights behind us, you look like you deserve some sunnier headlines. 

1. Seven-year-old girl pulls sword from lake of King Arthur’s Excalibur. 

Ironically enough, the girl had just heard the story of King Arthur from her father before going for a swim in Dozmary Pool in Cornwall, where, legend has it, Arthur himself left the fabled sword. 

"I told her not to be silly and it was probably a bit of fencing," Paul Jones, the girl’s father, told The Mirror. "But when I looked down I realized it was a sword. It was just there laying flat on the bottom of the lake."

2. Sloth makes boy battling cancer's dreams come true

An Indiana boy diagnosed with Leukemia was over-the-moon when he got the chance to meet a sloth thanks to an animal sanctuary. 

He told WISN Milwaukee that meeting animals at the sanctuary was a reminder that there were, “more good days to come.”

"You can't give up," he told the station. "That's the No. 1 thing."

3. Thousands share photo of man in need of kidney

The kindness of a stranger might mean a second chance for a man in need of a kidney donor. Robert Leibowitz, who suffers from chronic kidney disease, has spent the last three years in search of an O-Positive donor. 

When a stranger snapped a photo of Leibowitz at Disney World, it went viral with over 90,000 shares on social media. 

“Right now it’s hurry up and wait," Leibowitz told Inside Edition. "It’s nerve-racking, draining, but it’s a great place to be in. It's more hope than I ever had. I spoke to great people."

4. This baby cow was raised with dogs

James, a Highland calf raised on a farm in North Carolina, grew up alongside his canine buddies after being rejected by his herd. 

Now, at the hearty age of four months old, James is on the fast track to Instagram stardom — his farm’s account recently surpassed 36,000 followers. 

"He tried to play with the dogs but he is getting so large that his headbutting which was cute as a baby but was getting to rough for them and they won't play with him as much as they used to." his owner, Emily Hopson, told MSN.com.

5. “The Rock” inspires real-life heroics

A 10-year-old boy from Michigan credited Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s film San Andreas with teaching him chest compressions, which he used to save the life of his drowning brother. 

Johnson invited him to the set of his upcoming movie, Skyscraper, and took to Twitter to congratulate him, according to the Daily News

“I'm so amazed and impressed by this little 10 yr old boy's heroic actions and calm instincts in the middle of that kind of emergency distress," added Johnson.

@lauren__fisher

lf966614@ohio.edu