Long John Silver's is serving deep fried Twinkies; students and staff meet to discuss DACA

Today is Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

The Trump administration announced Tuesday an end to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Ohio University administration, faculty and students met Wednesday to discuss potential implications that decision could have on students. (The Post)

Burglars took advantage of the long weekend by allegedly stealing a porch swing, a stove, a refrigerator and more. (The Post)

Good morning,

Long John Silver’s now sells deep-fried Twinkies. At 921 E. State St., Long John Silver’s is a bit of a hike from OU's campus, but it may be worth the trip for the deep-fried dessert. The restaurant chain started serving up the fried Hostess treats in two test location in June, according to bizjournals.com. The savory new menu item came to the Athens location Aug. 28. If you’re interested in including Twinkies in your diet today, the fast food restaurant is open from 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Partly cloudy with no chance of rain. A high of 68 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

No scores or times to report.

You might also want to know …

Business personnel get close access to the president while he benefits from their golf memberships. (USA Today)

Hurricane Irma ravaged through the northeast islands of the Caribbean early Wednesday. (The New York Times)

Facebook allegedly sold political advertisements to “Russian troll farm” during the 2016 election. (CNN)

@_jjohnston

jj940914@ohio.edu