Make sure to get ready for Parents Weekend; Wayne National Forest being used for illegal dump site

Today is Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017. Here’s what you need to know. 

News from The Post

The Pawpaw Festival is happening this weekend. (The Post

Get the lowdown on Kansas’ defense before the football game this weekend. (The Post

The Wayne National Forest is being used as an illegal dumpsite (The Post

Good morning, 

Parents Weekend is approaching at Ohio University 一 and what better way to spend it than with your loved ones? The office of the Dean of Students in collaboration with other campus departments aims to give students and their families a chance to experience Athens together. The first family weekend of the year is in honor of your parents. All moms, dads and family members are welcome to join their student for a weekend of fun. The schedule will be packed from Friday to Sunday with plenty to do. Most events repeat throughout the weekend 一 so be sure to check the Parents Weekend schedule for all dates and times. Admission to most activities are free, but for some, you may want to purchase tickets in advance. Here’s the list: 

Friday, Sept. 15 

Movie Event 7 p.m. Sing along and laugh out loud to Monty Python and The Holy Grail with your parents at The Athena Cinema. Tickets are $7 and you can purchase them here

Stargazing and Campfire at The Ridges 7:30 p.m. Enjoy the night with your parents gazing at the stars at The Ridges. Transportation and campfire snacks are provided. Register here.

The Magic of Bill Blagg Live! 8 p.m. You will be in awe at this astounding magic show! Tickets are $20 and seating is reserved. Purchase here

Saturday Sept. 16 

Conkle’s Hollow Day Hike 10 a.m. Hike through Hocking Hills alongside your parents during the Conkle’s Hollow Day Hike. Tickets are $20/person and include transportation and a light lunch. Purchase tickets here

Zipline Adventure 10 a.m. You and your parents can reach the top of a 40-foot tower and fly down the zipline. Tickets are $25/person and include transportation, gear and instruction. Register here

Ohio Football vs. Kansas 12 p.m. Bring the family out to cheer on the Bobcats at Peden Stadium. Admission is free for Ohio students, everyone else can purchase tickets here

Comedy Show 8 p.m. Laugh along with your parents to The Second City: “Cure for The Common Comedy.” Tickets are $20. Purchase here

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather

Get ready for rain because there’s a 90 percent chance of it today. High of 71 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab

Scores and Game Times.

Ohio added a graduate transfer to the men’s basketball team on Tuesday afternoon. (The Post)

The Bobcats quarterback situation is still undecided for this Saturday (The Post)

You might also want to know…

One was killed and three were injured in a school shooting in Washington state. (AP

The next two Summer Olympics will be held in Paris and then L.A. (ESPN

A nun with a chainsaw took matters into her own hands to clean up after Hurricane Irma. (NPR

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu