Today is the first official day of fall, Police are looking for an armed robber

Today is Friday, Sept. 22, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

The Police are looking for an armed man who robbed a bank on Stimson Avenue yesterday. (The Post)

The new mailroom system is causing delays and long lines for students living on campus. (The Post)

OU debt expected to peak at $760.9 million in 2021. (The Post

Good morning,

Today at 4:02 p.m. the Autumnal Equinox begins in the northern hemisphere. Basically, today marks the first day of fall. But don’t get too excited because it’s not quite time to break out the boots and sweaters yet. On this lovely first day of fall it’s going to be a sweltering 88 degrees. Kroger has already started selling everything pumpkin themed including pumpkins themselves. So, if you’re feeling festive and unaffected by the weather, hit up the grocery for all of your fall themed supplies. PSLs by the pool could also be an option.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Partly cloudy with no chance of rain. A high of 88 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Women’s soccer takes on Eastern Michigan at home starting at 4 p.m.

The Field Hockey team travels to Appalachian State to take on the Mountaineers at 6 p.m.

The women’s volleyball team plays Buffalo on the road at 6 p.m.

The hockey team faces off against John Carroll for a season opener in Bird Arena at 7:30 p.m.

You might also want to know …

Kim Jong Un, the North Korean leader, called President Donald Trump a “mentally deranged dotard.” (USA Today)

Facebook agreed to share more than 3,000 “Russian-linked” ads to Congressional committees who are investing the Russia’s influence over the 2016 election. (The New York Times)

Former NFL player, Aaron Hernandez, who took his own life while serving time in prison for murder is said to have had chronic traumatic encephalopathy. (CNN)

@_jjohnston

jj940914@ohio.edu