The neighbors got weird again during Tuesday's episode of 'American Horror Story.' (photo via @Facts_AHS Twitter)

TV Recap: Almost everyone turned on Ally during 'American Horror Story'

American Horror Story hinted that Ally’s therapist might have something to do with her constant run-ins with her phobias during Tuesday's episode.

A new patient, Rosie, visited Ally (Sarah Paulson)’s therapist, Dr. Vincent (Cheyenne Jackson), and discussed her phobia of being locked into tight spaces. He explained that it is because she was locked in a cupboard as a kid. 

Later after her session, her husband, Mark, claimed to have a surprise for her. While Rosie waited for him, she found two coffins in the room, and then the clowns appeared, and shoved them into the coffins to be locked inside alive.

Only Dr. Vincent and possibly a few others know about Rosie’s phobia, which could mean he’s behind Ally’s strange encounters as well. 

The episode escalated quickly when Ally accidentally shot Pedro (Jorge-Luis Pallo). Apparently, Michigan has a “stand your ground law,” and the detective assured her she could plead self defense. 

The town turned against her. As Ally and Ivy (Alison Pill) even saw protestors outside holding up signs with Ally’s face on them as a local news station is at the scene. Protesters called her names, such as a “lesbian George Zimmerman,” who is known for the shooting of Trayvon Martin in 2012.

Kai (Evan Peters) claimed to be on Ally’s side because he apparently understood her innocence, which happened to be Pedro. The last time Kai approached Ally, she was not supportive of his campaign for city council. It is strange that Ally allowed him to even talk to her, but she probably needed to be comforted after what happened.

It’s no surprise that the new neighbors acted super weird again. This time, they showed up to Ally and Ivy’s door wearing sombreros, claiming she was a racist and taunted her about her white privilege.

Later that night, Ally watched the news and saw that protests about her were still happening, but also the couple buried alive in the coffins was featured. The next morning, Ally found her yard full of dead birds which could have been the result of a strange black truck spraying chemicals into the night.

Winter made an appearance again and the couple confirms she still has a job, even though Ally was still upset she left her the night everything went down in last week’s episode. Winter felt relieved because she thought a man, who she let into the house, was interviewing for the position he said he saw in a new ad in the paper.

Ally and Ivy rushed into their living room to see a man masturbating. Apparently someone posted a fake ad about “horny lesbians looking for some action.” Ivy threatened him and he ran out. They decide to look for the ad online which stated, “Caucasians preferred. Latin lovers need not apply.” It’s possible the neighbors created the ad to terrorize Ally some more.

Ally vented to Dr. Vincent about the ad, and he suggested filing a police report on harassment. Because she was so shaken up, he even said she should try going to an inpatient facility for a few days. She was upset with his suggestion, claiming that she needed to stay home and take care of her kid and wife.

After getting off the phone with her therapist, Ally was surrounded by protesters while in her car. Kai appeared again and magically, the crowd disappeared.

Later that night, Oz (Cooper Dodson) played with a new pet, Mr. Guinea. Ally was upset with Winter for allowing him to have it, especially since there is a strict rule of no pets in the house. Winter claimed the Wiltons gave it as a “peace offering.” Ally called them to give them a piece of her mind but ended up getting ripped apart by Meadow (Leslie Grossman) and Harrison (Billy Eichner).

Then, the strange black truck came down the street again and Ally ran out in front of it, demanding to know what their intentions were. However, the truck didn’t stop and Ally’s questions remained unanswered. 

Now, fans know Meadow knows Kai, because they were seen locking pinkies. Kai asked her about her fears of not having kids and about her husband. She was afraid she was losing him now that he has a new friend (the detective, who may have something to do with all this).

Later in the episode, Kai has pinky locked with Harrison. He asked what his biggest regret is and he admitted that he wishes Meadow was dead.

Ivy, Ally and Oz were all taking a break from their lives got to eat at a restaurant and enjoy a meal like a normal family. But once they pulled into their driveway, the clown’s the smiley-face symbol is grinning at them from their front door and the guinea pig was in their microwave, seconds before the timer ticks down to his his fatal ending. Seriously, this is probably the most disturbing way to end a family dinner. 

Ally barged into the Wilton’s house and mentioned the damage. They responded, saying the killers marked her home and it was not them. Ally didn’t believe a word they said and threatened them. Oz noticed a smiley face on the side of their house too. The placement of this terrorizing symbol is not on their front door, which is odd because it has been for all the other victims.

As they walked back to the house, the truck passed again. Except this time, guys in gas masks got out and began spraying the lawn. Ally, again, demanded they reveal their identities. One of them ripped off their mask and showed the same smiley-face. Understandably, Ally passed out.

Then, Ally and Ivy get confirmation from the detective that the smiley-face matched up with the markings from the other victims, and then Oz screamed. He claimed to have clicked on a link, but wouldn’t show his parents. After insisting that they see, they found surveillance footage of Ally in the bathtub while Winter (Billie Lourd) tried to seduce her in last week’s episode.

Ivy was angry and threatened to leave with Oz. Just as she left, the police showed up at the Wilton’s and Harrison, covered in blood, claimed Meadow was missing and the accusations of Ally continued. Obviously there is a lot of weird stuff going on with Ally, and now fans have Meadow’s disappearance to worry about. 

American Horror Story: Cult airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on FX. 

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu