See who got evicted on this week's episode of Big Brother. (Photo via cbs_bigbrother Instagram)

TV Recap: Showmances are officially gone on ‘Big Brother 19’

At the beginning of this season, Big Brother looked promising. As the show’s motto tells us, “expect the unexpected”, us BB fans were excited for the return of Big Brother 18 runner-up Paul Abrahamian and a season full of new twists. But, as each week passes by, we have become more and more disappointed with this mundane group of individuals. With no power shifts, huge blindsides or mastermind plans, things have started to become repetitive. Last week, we saw the cast evict Mark Jansen by a 4-2 vote as he was up against friend Matt Clines. Was that a smart move? We will soon find out. 

Sunday

HoH Competition 

This week's head of household competition boiled down to Jason Dent, Alex Ow, Raven Walton and Paul. Raven tried to cut a deal with the remaining players in hopes they would throw her the win. Jason laughed it off and immediately shot it down. Meanwhile, Paul’s plan to let both couples shoot at each other was in perfect play and he chose to self eliminate. Raven fell shortly after leaving both Jason and Alex in the running. While holding onto the wall, they both made a deal to keep each other safe. This threw other houseguests off, especially Matt, because Jason and Alex are a duo. Alex eventually fell making Jason the new HoH. 

You’re a pawn 

Paul spoke with Alex and they decided their target was Matt. Both Matt and Raven would go on the block, Raven would come off with the veto and Kevin Schlehuber would go up as the possible backdoor option. Paul transferred the plan to Matt and Raven and they swallowed it up. 

Nominations 

The Tree of Temptation lit up and the houseguests gathered around. None of the players chose an apple, which came as no surprise. After, the nomination ceremony took place and Matt and Raven were put on the block. 

Wednesday

Power of Veto Competition 

After the nomination ceremony, Jason whispered to Raven that he would pull her off the block with the veto. Shortly after, Matt, Raven, Jason, Paul, Kevin and Josh Martinez were all picked to play. Matt and Raven were still under the impression that Kevin was the backdoor target. As long as he didn’t win, they were OK. 

PoV Ceremony 

Before the ceremony, Jason asked Kevin if he was fine with being a pawn. Kevin was not, so Jason decided he was not going to use the veto. He filled Paul and Alex in on the plan and they were furious. 

During the ceremony, Jason decided not to use the PoV. Matt and Raven were disappointed he went back on his word. 

Thursday

Matt vs. Jason

After the PoV ceremony, Matt confronted Jason about his actions. Jason backpedaled which led to Matt getting angry. Like most fights in the Big Brother house, nothing positive came out of this. It actually painted a bigger target on Raven’s back. 

Jury Segment 

Cody Nickson, Elena Davies and Mark Jansen were the first cast members sent to the jury house. The three of them realized Paul has been the leader of the house and the rest are doing what he says. 

Live Vote and Eviction

As usual, Julie Chen greeted the houseguests and the live vote and eviction was underway. 

By a vote of 6-0, Matt was evicted from the Big Brother house. During his exit interview with Chen, he said Raven and Paul had the best chance at winning the game … yikes.

Next week, a new HoH will be crowned and the final apple may be pulled from the Tree of Temptation. 

Big Brother airs on Sundays and Wednesdays at 8 p.m. and Thursdays at 9 p.m. on CBS.

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu