4 pumpkin patches to visit near Athens this October

With fall in full swing, everyone needs a pumpkin or two to carve for the season. Rather than grabbing one at a local grocery store while you are running errands, why not make a day of it? Here are four farms where you can grab a pumpkin and maybe even go through a corn maze. 

Libby’s Pumpkin Patch

Libby’s Pumpkin Patch not only has three acres covered with multiple different kinds of pumpkins, but it also has a lot of activities and food to buy. It has a corn maze, a hillside slide and pumpkin ice cream. Libby’s will also have different food vendors including A-Town Pies and Fries and Hot Diggity Dog Unlimited. The pumpkins range from $1-$7, and the farm is not far from Athens.

Porter’s Pumpkin Patch 

Porter’s Pumpkin Patch also has an impressive corn maze that spans four acres in addition to a large variety of pumpkins. It also sells Indian corn, gourds and squash. Food vendors that will stop by the farm include Smoke ‘em if You Got ‘em BBQ and Jocelyn’s Local Honey. Pumpkins are $8 for the largest ones and 50 cents for the smallest ones. 

Sharp Farms

Sharp Farms has been open since 1853 and has been going strong ever since. They have pre-picked pumpkins that range from miniature to larger than basketballs. Sharp Farms also has white pumpkins and pumpkins that can be used to make homemade pumpkin pie. The pumpkins range from $2 to $10 depending on size. 

Weeklyville Pumpkin Farms

Weeklyville Pumpkin Farms has pre-picked pumpkins available at their farm for 50 cents to $35 depending on the pumpkin. They have all sizes and colors of pumpkins. Some of their pumpkins have even reached 200 pounds. They also sell maple syrup from their own trees.

@jess_umbarger

ju992415@ohio.edu