Applebee's has $1 margaritas; The Bobcats take on Central Michigan for the Homecoming game

Today is Friday, Oct. 6, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

Ohio football is ready for a game at home this weekend but it will take on the historically challenging opponent Central Michigan. (The Post)

Students are having mixed feelings about “trayless” dining halls. (The Post)

Meet Jake Jakuzeit, the 32-year-old, volunteer announcer at Bird Arena. (The Post)

Good morning,

Applebee’s is known for appetizer samplers and a family-friendly atmosphere, but it's also a bar. And in an effort to reinforce the company’s dual purpose, it is offering $1 margaritas during the month of October. A $1 glass of alcohol is enough to make anyone reconsider the notorious half-priced appetizer establishment as a perfect place to pregame their next night out. The deal applies only to regular, lime margaritas on the rocks, and there is an Applebee's located at 547 E State St. Please drink responsibly.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Mostly cloudy with no chance of rain. A high of 82 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The women’s soccer team took on Buffalo Thursday in a 2-1 loss.

Women’s volleyball played Kent State and lost 3-2 Thursday.

The field hockey team plays Longwood at home at 5 p.m.

The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. in Bird Arena on Friday and Saturday as the hockey team takes on Jamestown.

You might also want to know …

The Las Vegas gunman reportedly booked two hotel rooms in Chicago facing Lollapalooza back in August. (USA Today)

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has spent more than $800,000 flying on military aircraft since March of this year. (The New York Times)

The insurance company Cigna will stop covering most OxyContin prescription on Jan. 1 in an effort to reduce opioid use. (CNN)

@_jjohnston

jj940914@ohio.edu