Today is National Pumpkin Day; check out what costumes people wore to the Athens Halloween Block Party throughout the decades

Today is Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

Here are some of the Halloween costumes people have worn to the block party throughout the years. (The Post)  

Tia Jimerson named MAC East Offensive Player of the Week (The Post

Check out five African-American woman who have made their mark in 2017 (The Post

Good Morning, 

If you enjoy the weather changing, leaves falling and getting festive for Halloween, you can celebrate properly because today is National Pumpkin Day! 

For any pumpkin connoisseurs out there, you can put your taste buds to the test by sipping on a Pumpkin Latte or Pumpkin Nitro from Brenen’s Coffee Cafe, 38 S. Court St, or having a Spiced Pumpkin Nut cookie from Insomnia Cookies, 27 N. Court St. Or, if you prefer the natural variety, pick your own pumpkins near campus to celebrate this festive holiday. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here

Athens Weather

Today will be clear with no precipitation. A high of 56 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report here. 

You might also want to know… 

George H.W. Bush responds to actress Heather Lind’s claims of sexual assault (CNN)

The Kardashians signed a major renewal deal with the E! Network (Huffington Post

Colin Kaepernick invited to meeting with NFL owners by players (Sports Illustrated

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu